Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I hope everyone celebrating had a very wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday! There are so many wonderful mothers in my life. The two primary ones in my life are obviously my mom and my mother-in-law. But now a lot of my friends are having children and I find myself in the minority. We hope to start a family within the next few years but for now I love celebrating all the very deserving moms out there.


This post is coming a couple days late because this weekend was absolutely bonkers for me! Friday we were running around pretty much right until bedtime in preparation for the rest of the weekend. Saturday we attended our friends' wedding, which was SO much fun! Sunday morning Mike had his first softball game of the season at 9 in the morning. And let me tell you, that was hard. Neither of us got enough sleep and we were exhausted.


After the game, we met up with my mom and brother to celebrate Mother's Day on my side. My mom chose a Polish restaurant for lunch that I had never been to before and I loved it! Everything on the menu was amazing and three of us chose to get white borscht in a bread bowl. Deeeelicious. I think we will definitely be going back there.


After hanging out with my family for a little longer, we drove home and crashed for a few hours. We definitely needed to recharge a bit before seeing my MIL. We took Mike's parents out for dessert in the evening and had a great time celebrating his mom.


Both of our moms are so special to us and made us who we are today. They are both such amazing women and deserve so much.

None of us would be here without our moms, so if you're a mom and you're reading this, thank you for that you do! I really hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and were very spoiled! 

16 comments:

  1. Your food pictures are to die for! They look yummy! Glad you had a great weekend and hope you got some rest!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really had Polish food before, it looks so good! Glad you had a great weekend!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much amazing looking food! So glad you both have amazing moms to celebrate on such a special day <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh borscht in a bread bowl - that is the one way I would eat it!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that quote is just the sweetest ever. Looks like a great time with your mom, the food looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, did your brother eat all that food?! That looks like a lot of food. Ha! Sounds like a nice day with your mama & mama-in-law. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, food heaven! I love food pics and am thrilled the lovely ladies in your life had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh all of that food looks amazing! Swooning over that dessert! My husband sometimes plays in a soccer league at like 8am on Saturday mornings and I don't know how he gets up so early.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, that FOOD! Girl, you're making me hungry and all I have is a boring salad for lunch! Glad you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the food - can all of that just appear right in front of me, please? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! That dessert looks so good, and I absolutely love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend. That food looks amazing! Happy Mother's Day to the fabulous moms in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From all of your snaps, it sounds like you had a great weekend! That's great that you got to celebrate with both moms for Mother's Day, and that dessert looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a crazy busy yet fun weekend! I love that you got to celebrate with your mom and with Mike's mom! Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a sweet post! It looks like you really celebrated both of your moms, which is so nice and important! Hope your week is going well after such a busy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete