Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mother's Day Gift Guide

May totally crept up on me and I can't believe Mother's Day is THIS weekend! Almost all of April was cold and we were so busy that it doesn't at all feel like the beginning of May already. While I have a signature gift that I give to my mom and mother-in-law (see below for more on that!), I thought it would be fun to round up some other gift ideas. I have a lot of friends who are new moms and deserve all the appreciation and love!

Mother's Day Gift Guide

  1. Cover Girl Colorlicious Lip Gloss - I am definitely known to run out of the house with nothing on my face except for a pair of sunglasses and a bold lip. When there's no time to get ready, a swipe of a bright gloss will help the mom in your life feel put together and ready to tackle that never ending list of errands. 
  2. Bijou Candles - These candles are the definition of luxury. They smell amazing (the one in the photo is called Pink Bellini and smells like peonies and magnolias!!) and the bowl is so pretty for trinkets when the candle is done. I won these candles as a giveaway a few months ago and I am obsessed.
  3. Crystal Necklace - J.Crew has been killing it in the jewelry department lately but necklaces like this are everywhere these days. I love the pretty crystals and something like this would be perfect to add a little sparkle to a date night outfit! 
  4. Recipe Binder - Cooking is one of my favourite things to learn from my mom and grandmother. The only problem is that they never have anything written down! This binder is a great way to corral all the tried-and-true recipes and can later be passed down as a family heirloom.
  5. The Nest - This book has been all the rage lately and I can't wait to read it. It's about 4 adult siblings, their dysfunctional relationships, and a impending inheritance. It's already a New York Times Bestseller and it was only published a month ago! Amy Poehler loved it, Ellie Kemper loved it, and I'm sure the mom in your life will too!
  6. Kate Spade Dipped Tumbler - This tumbler comes in different colours for every initial and all of them are gorgeous! I have the "E" one and use it every single day at work! I strive to meet the minimum daily intake of water and a cute tumbler like this one makes me want to achieve my goal. 
  7. Hanging Baskets - I have been giving my mom hanging baskets every year for as long as I can remember and now that I have another mom (my MIL), I have extended the tradition to her as well. Mike and I drive over on late Saturday night and sneakily hang them so that they will be surprised first thing in the morning. I guess it's not much of a surprise anymore since we do this every year, but they both love it every year! 
Do you have any mother's day gift traditions? 

Check out my Mother's Day gift guide from last year for even more ideas!


20 comments:

  1. Great gift ideas! I love when my family takes me to pick out flowers for Mother's Day! It's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ideas! I need to find one of those candles and I need to check out The Nest!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS buy myself a couple of ferns for my porch for mothers day! What a great list of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you mention that tumbler it makes me want it more and more, it's so cute! This is such a good list-- I love the hanging basket idea & that you hang them up the night before-- such a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that candle is the prettiest thing!! i want one for myself, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love ALL of these! I keep forgetting that Mother's Day is actually for me this year YAY haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That candle is so pretty! I'm still stuck on what to get my mom- thinking some theatre tickets. But we shall aee

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hanging basket tradition is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm that recipe binder is a great idea. i have taken care of my mom, but i haven't got my MIL anything and i know my husband won't, so i'll have to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, Mother's Day snuck up on me, too! it seems way earlier this year than usual! I love the hanging basket idea... Brian's mom loves gardening so I may have to steal the idea of sneaking over to hang some hanging baskets. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever since my youngest stepdaughter was in dance, I started buying my mother & grandmother their tickets to her Spring recital as it always around Mother's Day. I also get them a little something else but that's the tradition the last couple of years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree that it has appeared super fast! I love that necklace and the recipe book - such a good idea!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can buy me anyone of these gifts ;)

    Great gift guide for all the mama's out there. I completely forgot about that wonderful cup!!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great roundup!! Love the recipe binder and hanging baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to add the Nest to my must read haha. Great list! Bijou candles are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Nest is on my to read list too. These are great gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Nest is on my must-read list. I'm still swooning over that tumbler, and I have my eye on that bijou candle as well! Such a great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of these ideas. I think I need to check out the Nest. Sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember buying my mother's first Mother's Day gift when I was 8 years old. Since then I've tried every year to do so. I have fallen "short of the glory" a couple of years, though. My mom was never into flowers. She said they were a waste of time and money. I actually agree. I make it a point to get something she can use, and these are all great ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete