May totally crept up on me and I can't believe Mother's Day is THIS weekend! Almost all of April was cold and we were so busy that it doesn't at all feel like the beginning of May already. While I have a signature gift that I give to my mom and mother-in-law (see below for more on that!), I thought it would be fun to round up some other gift ideas. I have a lot of friends who are new moms and deserve all the appreciation and love!
- Cover Girl Colorlicious Lip Gloss - I am definitely known to run out of the house with nothing on my face except for a pair of sunglasses and a bold lip. When there's no time to get ready, a swipe of a bright gloss will help the mom in your life feel put together and ready to tackle that never ending list of errands.
- Bijou Candles - These candles are the definition of luxury. They smell amazing (the one in the photo is called Pink Bellini and smells like peonies and magnolias!!) and the bowl is so pretty for trinkets when the candle is done. I won these candles as a giveaway a few months ago and I am obsessed.
- Crystal Necklace - J.Crew has been killing it in the jewelry department lately but necklaces like this are everywhere these days. I love the pretty crystals and something like this would be perfect to add a little sparkle to a date night outfit!
- Recipe Binder - Cooking is one of my favourite things to learn from my mom and grandmother. The only problem is that they never have anything written down! This binder is a great way to corral all the tried-and-true recipes and can later be passed down as a family heirloom.
- The Nest - This book has been all the rage lately and I can't wait to read it. It's about 4 adult siblings, their dysfunctional relationships, and a impending inheritance. It's already a New York Times Bestseller and it was only published a month ago! Amy Poehler loved it, Ellie Kemper loved it, and I'm sure the mom in your life will too!
- Kate Spade Dipped Tumbler - This tumbler comes in different colours for every initial and all of them are gorgeous! I have the "E" one and use it every single day at work! I strive to meet the minimum daily intake of water and a cute tumbler like this one makes me want to achieve my goal.
- Hanging Baskets - I have been giving my mom hanging baskets every year for as long as I can remember and now that I have another mom (my MIL), I have extended the tradition to her as well. Mike and I drive over on late Saturday night and sneakily hang them so that they will be surprised first thing in the morning. I guess it's not much of a surprise anymore since we do this every year, but they both love it every year!
Do you have any mother's day gift traditions?
Check out my Mother's Day gift guide from last year for even more ideas!