Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Travel Pretties

Happy happy Wednesday friends! I am going to keep things very light and relaxed here today in honour of the middle of the week.

Mike and I are planning some trips this summer and all things travel have been on my mind lately.

We are in desperate need of new suitcases. Mike doesn't have one at all and usually just borrows one from his parents and mine has fraying fabric and one wheel fell off so it's lopsided. It's awful. I'm that girl that's half dragging, half carrying her suitcase through Pearson airport. We have been keeping our eyes peeled for sales but in the meantime I found these gorgeous retro options.

1  |  2  |  3

When I travel it is absolutely imperative that I am comfortable. Jeans are simply a no go for anything over 3 hours. We road trip a lot and occasionally fly to Poland (8 hours!) to visit my family so I look for outfits that will allow me to stay comfortable but also layer in case of changes in temps. Leggings and a long cardigan and a loose scarf are always a safe bet.


And who says your accessories have to be boring? I am totally in love with that passport cover and I'm pretty sure you will never confuse your suitcase with someone else's with those monogrammed luggage tags!

1  |  2

I also stumbled upon this fun travel-related colouring book! I have been loving adult colouring books and this one features 100 of the most amazing places in the world and promises to unleash your inner wanderlust! Perfect for long flights!


And finally, when it's all said and done, we need to document it right? There are so many fun ways to document vacations. In case you missed it, I made a quick video to remember our trip to North Carolina a couple months ago. It is the first one I ever put together but I plan on making many more because it's such a fun way to remember vacations and share with others!


How do you travel in style? Do you have a signature travel outfit? Any upcoming trips that you're dying to tell me about?

--------------------------

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap"pinning" Wednesday


23 comments:

  1. Love all the suitcases you linked, especially the first one! And love the luggage tags too, now I want a fun one for my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh all of those suitcases are SO pretty! I love the trunk look but in the more practical fashion of a roller. And love that Ban.Do passport cover, I think I need it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the luggage! I'm in desperate need of functional but stylish luggage! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The luggage - so many cute pieces! And I want a new passport cover ASAP.

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your travel outfit sure beats mine! I swear, I don't know why security let's me through looking as terrible as I do at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your travel outfit is fantastic! I'm usually always in jeans but your outfit sounds oh so much more comfortable for longer trips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, CUTE! You will definitely be traveling in style for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those suitcases! They look too cute to use haha. you must let us know how it works out for your next trip!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous is that luggage?! And a huge YES to jeans being a no-no for any trip over 3 hours. I don't know how people do it! Hop on over and link up with us for Wanderlust Wednesday ;-)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those suitcases are gorgeous! And you've put together the perfect travel outfit in my opinion! Stylish and comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing worse than being uncomfortable while traveling, and that travel outfit looks perfect for a long flight! That passport cover is too cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those suitcases are all SO cute! Great picks! And I love the tags and passport cover as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those suitcases are gorgeous! I love the purple one! I love a cute passport cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It always depends on how long my flight is or the weather, but usually I like to fly in jeans or leggings during the winter. And I always carry on a small blanket because I get cold on planes!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those fun suitcase options! We need new ones too and I keep holding out for a sale because they are SO expensive. But on the plus side, they do usually last a while. Now to plan a trip to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want the suitcases! they are so pretty!! loved the video--esp the trip by the numbers at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those suitcases are just fabulous! And I love your airport style inspiration. That sweater looks so cozy, comfort is definitely key!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have that passport cover and LOVE it!! Those suitcases are so pretty...I wish we didn't already have a set! Love the video you guys made! Gary does that for all our trips and it's fun to watch! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, I now want all of the above (plus a fun vacation). What fun suitcases! And I love your airplane style - comfy yet super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We desperately need luggage, too! A travel-related coloring book? How cool is that! I need to get better at taking video when on trips! Love the North Carolina video!! Where do you find music for your slideshows? I always draw a blank on music/songs to use when creating a slideshow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in love with that blue and white luggage set! It's beautiful! I can't believe your wheel fell off, you need a new set, stat!
    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  22. That luggage is gorgeous! I need some big girl luggage... my current suitcase is hot pink! It makes it so easy to find on the conveyor after the flight, though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wear J. Crew pixie pants for long haul flights. I love the sweater you posted though!! I think a fun passport cover is a MUST... even though everyone always takes it out anyway, lol!

    ReplyDelete