Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekending

Ladies, it's MAY! Are you loving the Justin Timberlake meme as much as I am? I will spare you since it is everywhere.


For me, May means looooong-awaited warmer weather and blooming flowers. Because, finally. This month we will be celebrating our amazing moms for Mother's Day, attending a friend's wedding,  the start of Mike's softball season, and a few birthdays. Should definitely be a good month!

Mike was off at said friend's bachelor party for most of the weekend so it was up to me to hold down the fort. On Saturday, I started the day with a delicious smoothie for breakfast. I always want to drink more smoothies but sleep takes priority on workday mornings and I just can't find the time to make any sort of breakfast. Anyone else? I know it's a bad habit but I usually just pick up a coffee on my commute and call that my first meal of the day.


I spend the rest of the day with my mom and brother. We tried geocaching again but went 0 for 5 so we won't talk about that. Philip was also eager to brush up on his baseball skills since it was so nice out. We brought a ball and bat to a nearby park and I threw him a little BP. I think for the very little training he has had, he has some natural talent!


In the evening, I caught up on some girly TV that Mike doesn't usually care to watch. Did anyone catch Patricia's flamingo party on Southern Charm? I want to throw one of those now! With a backyard like hers, any theme would be a success. Her whole house is gorgeous!


On Sunday, I was out and about and stumbled across the prettiest little beach on Lake Erie! It was at the end of a picturesque gravel road and completely deserted. I definitely want to return there on a warmer day. Hopefully it will be just as empty!


Overall it was a nice, calm weekend but I am very happy to have my husband home! I'm ready to jump back into the weekly routine. I hope you had a great few days off!

------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 


24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice and relaxing weekend. Yay for spending time with your mom and brother. I've been cracking up at the JT meme. so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the flamingo party episode from SC! I need a pool to make that happen :) And I'm going to make myself a smoothie this morning for breakfast--they are so good but they do take time to make :(
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually making a smoothie for breakfast today and they are my favorite!! Sounds like you had a great weekend holding down the fort without Mike! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice weekend. i love smoothies, but never have the time to make them either!! omg i want a flamingo party! i keep forgetting it's back for another season. got to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That smoothie looks like the perfect way to start a Saturday! And after watching Patricia's flamingo party I really want to have one of my own! SO fun! Happy Monday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahhh that beach is so pretty! I am secretly scared of failure when we try geocaching.... my girls would likely end up in tears :P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice weekend. That beach picture is pretty...it'll be even better in a month when it's really getting warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fun weekend! LOVE Southern Charm!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all those pretty flamingos! I'm the same way when H is out of town, I try to catch up on all the shows he rolls his eyes at lol. Yay for May, Justin Timberlake memes, and warmer weather <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay to flamingos, finding new picturesque beaches and girly TV time! Glad it was a great weekend and cheers to the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend! There's nothing better than catching up on girly TV when the guy is away - best way to spend a weekend afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so far behind on Southern Charm! I fell asleep during the episode two weeks ago and haven't caught this episode yet either. I really need to try to watch one tonight because I will be three behind by tomorrow morning if I don't haha! Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love smoothies for breakfast as well, but I never have time to make them because I'm always rushing out the door! I need to start trying to get up a few minutes early so I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gonna be may :) hahahaha you know I don't think I've ever heard that song actually...

    You and me both! I got a bad habit of just drinking coffee in the morning and calling it breakfast.

    Pink flamingos my mom would love that one haha.

    When does Mike come back?

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you calendar! Rifle Paper seriously has the best stuff, right? I'm seriously so ashamed that I don't watch Southern Charm because I love everything else on Bravo! That pink flamingo party sounds like such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was in Pier 1 the other day and they had SO many flamingo things-- if only I could have attended the flamingo party, haha ;) What is your smoothie recipe? I tried to make one a few weeks ago and it was too seedy from the berries (I used frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries I think).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. And yes, that flamingo party looks super fun! Love all that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that flamingo party tho! :)

    http://notjessfashion.com/columbus-circle/

    ReplyDelete
  19. That flamingo pool is just perfect please take me there!

    Kenzie
    http://simplyjandk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your weekend sounds heavenly. And that beach is simply perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a nice weekend! Even though Mike was gone, sometimes it's nice to just have a little time to yourself to do girl things :)
    I've been making smoothies in the morning before work. If you know what you need or make a pre-made bag of stuff to just dump in the blender, it doesn't take too terribly long. I'm always looking for quick morning on the go breakfast foods and this one has stuck for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a great weekend. I wish I made smoothies every morning. I drink coffee and have a yogurt or fruit.

    ReplyDelete