Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekending

Good morning and happy Monday!

This weekend was much more relaxing than last week, something both Mike and I both desperately needed. We had time to rest, do chores, catch up on TV, and just take things slow.

On Friday, Mike went to his friend's stag and I took the opportunity to have a girls' night with his cousins. We all had dinner together (first BBQ of the year!) then Mike headed out. The girls and I baked delicious Reese Peanut Butter cupcakes and watched Grease Live because I still hadn't seen it! I had it on our PVR since it originally aired in January. It was so good and I think Julianne Hough and Tripp Van Der Bilt -- I mean Aaron Tveit -- both killed it. We were all thinking that we'd love it if they came out with a live version of Dirty Dancing!



Saturday we literally had no plans. We slept in until an embarrassing hour and lounged around the house for most of the day. We headed out for coffee (drive-through only!), sprinkled in a little laundry and yard work, and caught up on our shows. My go-to weekend hairdo:


On Sunday, Mike had a softball game at 9am, which meant an early wake up time and since it was freezing, lots of layers. I wore double socks, boots, a knit sweater, a scarf and my warmest parka. Then we got to the park and I decided that sitting outside in 4°C weather for two hours just wasn't necessary. My mom lives nearby, so I visited her while Mike ran around in the freezing cold. And they didn't even win. What can you do.



And now for something a little new. I thought it would be fun to find an inspirational quote every Sunday night and try to live it throughout the week ahead. I like that this one encourages you to focus on the present and enjoy all the details that life has to offer. Both things I need to work harder at!


------
Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

27 comments:

  1. Brrrr - it's entirely too cold where you are for it to be mid-May! Hope it warms up for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look so yummy! I love your hair-do! That is way too cold! :)

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness it was cold up there this weekend!! That's crazy! And loving your weekend hair style, so cute! I want those cupcakes right now! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. it snowed most of the day yesterday. SNOWED. in May...thanks, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the live version of Grease, I thought they all did an excellent job :) And yeah, this weather has been insane. I'm in Michigan it was gorgeous on Friday and then we got some snow on Sunday. I'm over this. It's MAY.

    Sarah
    The Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cute half up half down hairstyle - so adorable!! Glad you had a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't believe how crazy the weather is!! i totally agree--a dirty dancing one would be a hit!! sounds like a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right?! So cold on the weekend, this is supposed to be the middle of May!!! Looks like double digits this week though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been cold here as well, but nothing like that. Wow, you're a trooper! I still have Grease live on my DVR and am waiting for the right time to watch it!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been super cold here this weekend too. Not as cold as where you are though. Those cupcakes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Grease live!! I heard they are doing Dirty Dancing next -- hopefully that's true and not just a rumor haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wish that we had recorded Grease Live because I heard that it was such an awesome show! Dirty Dancing live would have be another awesome live show! I can't believe how cold it is where you are right now! I don't know if I would have been able to watch my husband's game!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cupcakes looked amazing! I want one! Ha! Yea, the weather is really ticking me off. I'm going camping next weekend so it best be warming up real quicklike!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cupcakes look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cupcakes look so good! We had to go to my niece's lacrosse game on Sunday and was basically dressed the same way-- it definitely felt like fall! Love your half up hair & that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so over the cold weather! Where is spring?! Haha. Those cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those cupcakes look delicious! Your weekend hair is so pretty! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would so watch the live Dirty Dancing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an amazing weekend, despite the cold!! Eric has worked the last 2 weekends so I'm looking forward to this weekend and hope we can relax and enjoy one just like yours ;)Enjoy sleeping in until those embarrassing hours for me because no matter what, my kids don't sleep in past 6am. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your hair - I've been trying to do something like that lately and whether I try or not (throw it up), it still looks terrible. Jealous of your good tresses!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, I loved the live grease too!!! And what is up with the weather!?! I thought the rain wa bad this weekend but your temps are way worse!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Grease Live was he best! And paired with pb cupcakes makes it even better!!!
    Sounds like a great weekend, minus the freezing temps on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word those cupcakes look fantastic. Peanut butter and chocolate just can't be beat. I hope you get some more spring like weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. NO he will forever be remember as Tripp Van Der Bilt.... #sorrynotsorry

    So glad you got a girls night!!! They are so much fun sometimes it's just a necessary.

    Seriously the most fun I have is lounging all day (I sound sooo lazy)

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe it's so cold there! It's over 100 F here!!! I saw your snaps of the cupcakes and they look so good. You seem like the best cook, always making things that look yummy :) Lounging is the best Saturday activity!! And such a good wifey supporting his softball game!!

    ReplyDelete