Thursday, June 9, 2016

Currently...

I haven't done a Currently post in a while so I thought it would be a fun way to update you with what's going on with me.
BUYING
I'm still searching for the perfect luggage! We leave in a few weeks and not having a suitcase to put stuff in is stressing me the heck out. Also, I am trying to figure out what to get my family members as gifts. Ah!

1  |  2  |  3

DOING
Nothing too exciting these days. My life is basically working, cleaning, sleeping, blogging, and watching Mike play softball a couple times a week.

DREAMING ABOUT
My future house. I recapped my garden wishlist recently and I am still daydreaming about layouts, finishes, new furniture... Except that we recently received news that our favourite builder is delaying the release for another year. We were hoping to buy a lot in the next couple of months but we may have to wait much longer now or go with a different builder!

DRINKING
We have been making sweet tea on the regular since we got back from our trip from North Carolina. So good!

EATING
We started making quesadillas from time to time for dinner. We add chicken and green onions inside and they are so tasty! One of my favourite dinners.

LISTENING TO
Life of Pablo has been on in our house and cars almost nonstop.

MAKING
A lot of lists these days. To-do lists, shopping lists, packing lists. It's all overwhelming and writing things down helps so much!

NEEDING
A new cross body bag for our trip. I definitely don't want to take my big everyday purse but I need something that will fit a small wallet, camera, sunglasses, and a couple lipglosses. This Kate Spade one is so cute and I really like this one from Target as a more affordable option.
1  |  2
READING
I haven't had much time to read lately but I really want to read The Nest and After You. I may grab them or download them for some plane reading. Could I be any more basic?

WATCHING
Since baseball is on our TV pretty much all all evening, I have been watching snapchat and YouTube. But as far as sports go, I am excited for Euro 2016! Poland is in it so I will shortly turn into a crazy soccer fan. Their first game is on Sunday!


WEARING
All my summer dresses! I have finally taken them out of hibernation and I live in them on the weekends. They are just so easy and comfy.

WISHING
That my climbing rose will bloom soon! I know I talk about this all the time, but there are a ton of buds and it's going to burst into bloom any day now! We are slowly starting to see a little pink!


WONDERING
How we will celebrate my father-in-law for Father's Day this year. We were originally planning on taking him to a minor league baseball game but then we did that a couple weekends ago. Whoops, we totally spoiled the plan. But maybe we can take him to a different game. We'll see!



15 comments:

  1. We actually call sweet tea southern water here in the south. It's pretty much all we drink. So funny that you caught the bug!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crossbodies! I own quite a few! I just got a Kate Spade on that can also be used without the crossbody strap. I love the versatility!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That luggage is so cute! I love the trunk feel of it! And you just made me crave sweet tea! I haven't had sweet tea in forever! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both crossbody bags but I have a kate spade one and love it. And give me all the baseball and summer dresses as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your luggage picks and the purses. Hopefully you can pick one soon!

    Also you're buying a lot to build a house???? How exciting is that I can't wait to see it!

    I love quesadillas!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVEEEEE those luggage picks!

    xx,
    Lauren
    FashionablyLo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm reading a book called The Cartel by Don Winslow and OMG it's SO GOOD. i haven't been able to put it down since page 1. it's been a LONG time since i've read a good book like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really intrigued by The Nest, but haven't added it to my library list yet because the wait is so long, but I definitely want to read it eventually. I don't know why we don't make quesadillas more often- they're always soo good and such a quick and easy thing to throw together once you have the meat ready to go. Love seeing the rose snaps-- I bet so many of them will pop all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that KS crossbody, so pretty and perfect for your trip! Loving all that luggage too - gorgeous! I'm sure you'll find the perfect pieces just in time <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those crossbody purses are so adorable! I need new summer dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of those crossbody bags are so cute! I recently bought a smaller crossbody for our trip to Europe too! You really can't go wrong with quesadillas for dinner! I used to make them all the time in college because they were just so easy and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I brought The Nest to the beach... I think I'll have time to get to it because I'm rolling right through Me Before You!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet tea?!? Yum!! Do you have a good recipe? I've been looking for one recently and pinning them on Pinterest but I'd rather have a tried and true recipe from someone who can vouch for it being good :) Also, have you tried the one from Chick fil a? I hear it's good (or half regular/half sweet) but I haven't tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love having quesadillas! I haven't made them at home in a really long time, I should do that. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it crazy that I'm pretty sure I drank so much sweet tea as a kid that a rarely drink it now?! Haha! I can't pass up an Arnold Palmer from Chic-fil-a though! i can't wait to see what luggage you choose! As for the purses, I love the rosey pink one! I'm sorry about the delay on your house building! Good luck with your next decision making! xx

    ReplyDelete