Friday, June 3, 2016

Five On Friday


Happy Friday, friends! This week seemed to drag on for me because the States had a short week with Memorial Day and ours was just normal. We had a long weekend the week before so we had our fun earlier! Canada Day is just around the corner and with it, another extra day off.

One
Mike and I are going to Poland is less than a month! I am so very excited to see my family and be back where I was born. This trip totally snuck up on me and we are not at all ready. There are so many things that I need to buy and prepare. One of which is luggage. Both of our suitcases are in desperate need of being replaced.

Two
I ordered my first monogramed thing a few days ago! Is that crazy? I feel like monograms are everywhere and on everything. It's not really a popular thing around here but I think they are so cute. I love everything personalized because I have a rare name and was never able go to a store and find anything with Evelina on it. So now that customization is a thing, I am going nuts! I ordered this bracelet from The Modern Bazaar after Stephanie raved about them. I just hope it arrives before we leave for our trip!


Three
I found two birds' nests in our backyard this year. One was a very sweet nest in a bush filled with baby robins. I checked on them everyday and loved watching the mom and dad bring the babies food all day long. I named them the Robinsons. As of yesterday, the nest is empty. I think the babies finally learned how to fly and are hopefully now exploring the world. The second nest was mush less pleasant. While I was in the yard one day, I heard wings fluttering against metal. Knowing there was something going on either in our air-conditioning unit or in the barbecue, I made Mike check. He opened the barbecue and it basically exploded with straw! We both freaked out and didn't know how to handle it. We had barbecued the night before and didn't put the cover on because we were waiting for it to cool down and were planning on putting it on the next day. That's how quickly the birds moved in! My mom rationally advised that it's unlikely that they had laid eggs yet given how new the nest was. I was so concerned about disrupting their family but like she said, the nest was empty so we cleaned all the straw out and recovered it. I hope they were able to find a new, more suitable home for their family! I know this is a really lame paragraph but we have never experienced this before! So if you read this far, bless you.


Four
This weekend we don't have much planned other than a softball game for Mike and some fun brother time. We are usually pretty good at thinking of fun activities to do on the spot but I will take any recommendations! Maybe some catch in the park, maybe some geocaching. We'll see!

Five
Did you hear that The Hills is doing a reunion show in August? I couldn't be more excited! I was a huge Hills fan back in the day and I've been reading Lauren's blog regularly. #TeamLauren forever! Reunion shows are never as good as the real show but it will still be exciting! Ten years has certainly flown by.


I hope you have a great weekend!!
______________________________

Linking up with 

22 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited for the Hills reunion show - I think it's going to be pretty amazing!! So exciting with your upcoming trip to Poland - I'm not sure if you guys have Marshalls or TJ Maxx, but that's where we got our luggage and for a great price! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your trip! winners or costco is where we usually get our luggage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo...HILLS reunion..super excited too!! LOVE your bracelet, monograms are the best!! Have a most fun and relaxing weekend beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first monogram?? Girl you’re about to be hooked! That bracelet is so pretty and one you can wear daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do vacations always sneak up on people like that?! Hope your able to start preparing soon. I hate it when things get crazy at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, a Hills reunion!! I love it, that theme song takes me right back to my younger days. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for the Hills reunion too, and loveee the gif you found! So perfect for it haha. Good luck getting everything ready for Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you're getting your first monogrammed item! We have EVERYTHING monogrammed here! I'm obsessed! And I cannot wait for The Hills reunion!!!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so crazy how fast birds can build a nest when they're looking for somewhere! We had birds that kept rebuilding their nest under our deck, but it was extremely noisy so my husband would take it down every day and they still kept coming back. We are in need of some new luggage too- I feel like it's one of those things that you need, but isn't very fun to invest in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for Hills! I recently rewatched the whole show on Hulu and I was just as obsessed then as I was when it first aired haha
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that bracelet! I love all of my monogrammed pieces. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO excited about The Hills reunion show! I feel like I grew up with all of them so I can't wait to see how everything is now that they're all adults.

    And how exciting that you're going to Poland. That sounds like it will be amazing! I've never made it out of the country, but I sure hope to someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool and exciting to visit Poland! Also the Hills reunion is everything, can't wait for it to air!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for the Hills reunion!!! Have so much fun on your trip! That'll be a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No way! The Hills coming back for a show?!?!?! You made my day! I love the bird story, I'm a bird nerd. Yay for Poland, enjoy your time and safe travel wishes to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read all about your Poland trip! It's amazing how trips can really sneak up on you! I hope that you enjoy your nice and relaxing weekend! Sometimes not having a ton of plans is exactly what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I'm so excited for the Hills reunion! LC and Whitney forever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving that bracelet! I have seen reunion stuff everywhere about The Hills but had no idea there was going to be a show!

    Stopping over from the link up. Hope you can hop by my blog as well!

    http://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2016/06/friday-favorites-40/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes! My bracelet is also from the Moden Bazaar! Love the person who makes them. Definitely upload a picture when you get it :)

    Definitely want the deets on your trip!!

    I'm sure the birds found a new home! It's kind of funny that animals use our equipment for homes. Like the fact that some cats will sleep under a car or in the tires, or if they're tiny in the hood. Not that haha funny just the ironic kind.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Happy customers make me happy! Please send me an email so I can give you a loyal customer coupon for your next purchase - jennifer@tmbjewelry.com.

      Delete
  20. I am so excited about the reunion show in August! I'm really excited to hear parts of LC's life and thoughts now she's so disconnected from it. It's going to be so good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this surprise write up and mostly for your recent purchase! I love your blog- and any friend of Stephanie's is a friend of mine! I will expedite your order so you can have it for your trip Poland - how exciting! Again, really appreciate the mention and please let me know how you like your new monogrammed bracelet! Monograms are for sure a girl's best friend...:)

    Thanks so much,
    Jen Carey
    www.TMBjewelry.com
    www.themodernbazaar.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete