Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Favourite: Madrid Birkenstocks

I'm just quickly dropping in today to share my newest footwear obsession.

I am guilty of wearing those awful flat sandals that totally ruin your feet -- Mike likes to refer to them as cardboard shoes. They are usually cheap and easy and cute. However, after a minor rendezvous with plantar fasciitis, I knew I had to change it up with something that gave me a bit more arch support.

I bought these Birkenstocks last summer after eyeing them for a couple years. I like the single-strap Madrids as opposed to the traditional double-strap ones that the brand is famous for. They seem more feminine to me and I wear them with anything from yoga pants to summer dresses. They are so versatile!

I will spare you a photo of me wearing them because foot pictures creep me out. (Anyone else?)


They are now my go-to summer vacation shoes since we always do a lot of walking. Mike is happy to finally not hear me complain about foot pain and blisters. And I'm even happier to not have them. I have worn the Madrids for walks around the neighbourhood and felt great every time. The contoured cork soles provide even weight distribution and wick away moisture.

I still have some of those bad flat sandals (and I plan on buying the Tory Burch Millers one of these days!) but these Birks will always be my go-to.

See you on the other side of the weekend. Have a good one!

____________________________

Linking up with 

15 comments:

  1. I can't say that I've ever worn birkenstocks, but I'm glad you found a comfortable summer shoe! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot how comfortable Birkenstocks are! I had a pair in high school that I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never worn them either but I hear they are sooooo comfy!! Happy weekend gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never worn Birkenstocks but everyone keeps telling me how comfortable they are! My cousin just bought a pair and she literally wears them every day! Have a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that Birks are making a comeback, I wish I would have kept all of mine that I had in junior high! Love yours!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't worn a pair of Birks in forever but I love that they're back in style again! And I have the TB Miller sandals and despite having no support I love them any way! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually worn Birkenstocks, not sure if they are my style, I won't knock them until I try them because I hear they are sooo comfortable! Glad you are loving yours. Have a nice weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like super comfy summer shoes! Especially if you're going to be walking around all day - nobody wants to wear "cardboard shoes" doing that. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loooooove my birks! i wear them all summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair of birkenstocks and love them! It's crazy - my mom had them when I was younger and I thought they were awful, but now I wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to LOVE Birkenstocks when I was younger. I wore them all the time (and with socks - how sad lol) and I haven't seemed to be able to get back into the fashion again now. Though these are super cute and might change my mind! My friend also has some that go between your toe (like flip flops but not) that I think are super cute so I may just have to venture out and try some on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These shoes are great for walking around and would definitely provide more support for your foot with the plantar fasciitis. I have the Tory Burch Millers... while they are definitely more stylish than the Birkenstock, they will hurt your plantar fasciitis a lot more!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a pair of Birkenstocks when I was 8, it completely tickled me when they came back into fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had Birkenstocks but I really think I would love a pair. Maybe I should get some soon. I seem to live in my Chacos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my friends was just telling me how these were the most comfortable shoes ever! She has one of the other styles, but I like these single straps too.

    ReplyDelete