Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Favourite: My First Monogram!

Happy first Friday of summer! Oh yessss. I'm excited. 

Lets talk monograms. 


I was never able to find anything with Evelina on it because obviously my name isn't common. So when the customization trend started emerging, I was all about it. Years ago, Mike surprised me with a "Carrie" necklace (with my name, of course) for one of our anniversaries and I'm pretty sure I cried. Over the years I have collected a couple other things with either my name or just an "E" on it but never all three of my initials together.

Monograms aren't a huge thing here in Canada. I hadn't seen a real-life monogram (aside from on a wedding invitation) until we visited the South for the first time in 2014. And everywhere I looked there were the three swirly letters staring at me. On bags, on hats, on vests, on jewellery. I immediately needed one. 



I wanted a gold charm bracelet that had my monogram engraved in it in the scripty font. And based on Stephanie's recommendation, I ordered this one from The Modern Bazaar


Guys. I'm in love. Like, in LOVE. It's so perfect and exactly what I wanted. They did such a great job with my personalized order. I was able to select the colour/material (14k gold filled / sterling silver / solid brass), the size of the medallion and the font.  It seriously looks amazing and I have received so many compliments on it already! I have worn it every single day since I got it. 


I really love supporting small shops and this is in no way a sponsored post. I paid full price and wasn't asked to write a review but I really wanted to share with you guys how much I love this shop! I had emailed Jen at The Modern Bazaar to see if there was a way to expedite my order because I am going away soon and was hoping to bring it with me on my trip. I got an answer very quickly saying it wasn't a problem and my bracelet arrived within 2 weeks! I had it way before my trip -- So fast for a custom order. Good customer service is so important to me and TMB really delivered. Thanks Jen!! 



There are so many other great pieces. I especially have my eye on those pretty engraved bar necklaces

The Modern Bazaar also graciously provided a discount code for Fortunate House readers! Use EVELINA15 for 15% off your order. And follow TMB on Instagram at @themodernbazaar!

____________________________

Linking up with 


21 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful!! Before I got married my initials were BS - so needless to say I didn't get anything monogrammed until I had that new last name LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bangle is absolutely beautiful and looks so well made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! i don't wear bangles anymore because mine are all bent :( i have a bad habit of banging my wrists everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your first monogram! I love the script monogram but sometimes I want to go classic and use a block font. We monogram everything down here--it's a way of life :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty and will be the perfect summer accessory! Enjoy your weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! Yay for your first monogram!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely! I didn't have anything monogrammed until my wedding, and then I became obsessed! I will have to check out her site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! So beautiful, Evelina! And yes, we monogram EVERYTHING down here. I can't even tell you how many monogram shops we have just in our city alone! We love us some monograms in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous bracelet, and yay for supporting small shops! Yay for your first monogram <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is perfect!!! I absolutely love it!
    You know what's funny? Monograms aren't super popular here either (in CA). I think it must be a southern thing because I see it on and from a bunch of my friends who live in the south wayyyyyyy more than here. Regardless, I love your new bracelet! Kind of reminds me of my Alex and Ani bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG its too cute. congratulations.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous!!!! And not only that I love her packaging!!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really is extremely gorgeous. They did such a great job. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my monogram bangle and wear it all the time! This one is so pretty!!

    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bracelet is so cute. I don't have a lot of things with my monogram on it, but I love seeing all the different options that are out there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that bracelet. Looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy it!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Monogrammed things are my fav!

    ReplyDelete