Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wedding Wear (On The Cheap)

Wedding season is officially here. In Canada, most weddings take place between May and September because all the other months can have scary weather and no one has time for that. Very few people get married in the off season unless they are hoping for a winter wonderland theme, which can be beautiful too.

This year, Mike and I only have one wedding to attend. It actually already happened in May and it was one of my all-time favourite weddings I have been to. But other years the number is usually much higher. Our record was 6 weddings in one year and it was the same year that we got married! It was madness.

When there are multiple weddings in one season, you will likely run into the same crowd more than once. And you know what that means -- you can't rewear the same dress! I will rewear a dress if the guest list is completed different (i.e., family and coworkers) but other than that I try to bring out something different each time.

So to help you avoid committing a fashion faux pas, I have rounded up my favourite 10 dresses -- all of which are currently under $100! Because I gotchu.

1  |  2

3  |  4

5  |  6
7  |  8

9  |  10

How many weddings do you have lined up this year? Do you know what you're wearing yet?

20 comments:

  1. These are all so cute!! We went from having 0 weddings at the start of the year to 3...so ya I need dresses! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute dresses! Doesn't it seem like when you get married, everyone else does? We have one wedding invite, but I don't think we will be able to make it. Now we are into babies, and that makes everything harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have none! I guess I am at that age where I won't have to many weddings until my friends kids start getting married.... UGH! Let's just not even talk about that. I am LOVING these picks though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weddings are so much fun to attend, and all of these dresses are great picks! The first one is definitely my fave!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great options! I only have one wedding to attend this year but I'd wear any of these! Love the off the shoulder with the floral skirt! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great choices! I have two more weddings to go to this year... both of them get new dresses. And then of course, our wedding gets a new dress, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I needed this! We have a wedding in July and I still don't know hat to wear!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cute options! Love the floral and then 8 with the super cute cut out! I have 2 more weddings this year, but I will probably just end up wearing dresses I already have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have an August wedding and even though I have a couple of things I could wear, I've had my eye out for a really good deal on a new dress. I really like 9 & 10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous picks! I love #5! I have three more weddings this year - and I have outfits planned for two but a wishlist dress for the third - not sure if I'm going to snag it just yet!

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that black and white striped one! Gorgeous! We actually had a December wedding so we had a winter wonderland theme... we don't get snow down here, though, and it was also like 60 degrees on our wedding day, so it wasn't technically very wintery. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so many beautiful dresses i love this

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had four weddings last year, and it's so crazy that we have no weddings at all this year! If I did, I think that I'd definitely pick up #8! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many fabulous picks! We had a lot of weddings last year, but this year we only have one. I may need #9 <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous picks! I love that blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the dresses look so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only have one wedding to go to (next month) and I went with a floral maxi :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like number one & number seven, super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb wedding guest outfits and quite affordable too! I am in love with all these outfits. We are going to attend a beachside ceremony at one of Malibu wedding venues and that first one outfit will be perfect for the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete