Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekending

Hi friends! The first weekend of June has come and gone and I am in total summer mode. Other than a little bit of rain on Sunday, we had gorgeous weather and spent a lot of time outside.

Mike had a softball game Friday night. My mom, brother, and I came out to support along with one of my girlfriends whose husband also plays on the team. I love these casual evenings spent at the park. I have been going to Mike's games for almost a decade and it's now what I associate with summer.


We brought my brother home with us to hang out for the remainder of the weekend. The three of us went to a nearby park to play some basketball and baseball. It was so nice on Saturday that I just wanted to lounge outside all day long.



We also commemorated Muhammad Ali's passing by watching Ali. I'm not really a fan of boxing so I didn't know much about his life but after watching the movie, I really respect the person he was. He stood up for what he believed in and worked hard for his successes.


My in-laws got a new dog this weekend! Her name is Bailey and she is a 5 year old rescue. I am already completely in love with her. She is so happy and playful and energetic! You may remember that I mentioned that my in-laws other dog Daytona passed away recently. They were so eager to get a new dog to love and I think Bailey is the perfect fit for the family.



That about wraps up our weekend. We spent some time with my mom on Sunday when we dropped Philip off then did groceries and some chores. Never a dull moment!

And for this week's quote of the week, he had a bunch of good ones but this one especially resonated with me because I'm always thinking about the future and not living in the moment as much as I should.

____________________________

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

23 comments:

  1. I would be really interested in seeing a movie about Muhammad Ali - he really was a profound man, controversial for sure, but still profound! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of boxing either and I keep asking my husband the dumbest questions about Ali. But is is a great loss, he was an amazing man. How cute it Bailey. That face, how can you not love it!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw the movie Ali because I just can't watch boxing. It pains me to see people getting hit in the face. However, I LOVE Will Smith and I had always heard good things about it, so I guess I need to add it to the Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH!! Bailey is perfect!!!! I'm so happy they rescued her. That makes my heart happy on this Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby plays softballs on Thursdays a couple months out of the year and I truly love going. It's such a nice excuse for an evening outside haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that Ali quote is perfect..such a great man!! Yay to a fun weekend doing things you love!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! Your in-laws new pup is so cute! And I still haven't seen Ali but I really should watch it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a fun weekend! :)
    http://hairandvibes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. RIP MA; one of the greatest boxers and anti-war advocates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww how sweet is the new pup Bailey! I was so sad to hear about Mohammed Ali this weekend, definitely need to re-watch Ali now <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend-- I bet your brother had so much fun hanging out with you guys! Your in-laws new dog looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun weekend! I miss watching my husband play softball so much! That was always one of the highlights of our summer. Your little brother looks like he enjoyed the afternoon with y'all! Bailey looks adorable!!!!! New dogs are always so fun! Glad y'all had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend! I've never seen Ali, but I've heard it's a great movie. I definitely need to check it out. And, oh my goodness, how cute is Bailey?! What a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great weekend - I love all the outdoor time and Bailey is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never watched Ali... maybe I should. Love the new doggie and that they got a rescue puppy, so awesome. Happy Monday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great weekend!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely weekend!! Bailey is adorable - so glad she fits in so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet pup! Bailey totally looks like she is smiling. Great quote, I need to take that to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love nice and relaxing weekends like what you had! Your in-laws new dog looks so sweet! My parents dogs recently passed, and I have a feeling that they'll be getting a new dog sometime soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww the new dog is so cute and although it's so sad about their other dog, it's nice to hear that they were able to open up their home to a rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun way to bring in summer! IT's good you got in some bro time as well :)

    I love your in law's new dog we really want to get a dog!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved watching on your Snapchat the video the your in-laws' cat not wanting anything to do with sweet Bailey. She looks like such a happy pup. :)

    ReplyDelete