Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Weekending


The first weekend of summer is officially behind us. Oh gosh, when did this happen?

Our weekend was super busy so I had zero time to sit down and write a recap. Most of it was spent running around getting ready for our trip. We leave so soon and I still have so much to do. I have lists in every possible spot and a schedule made for every day until our departure. The stress is definitely setting in!

Anyway, the fun started even before my work day ended on Friday. My office held a giant pursuit game that was part race, part fun skill testing activities, and part scavenger hunt. Our team was made up of 6 people from our department and it was great team-building. Unfortunately, we lost (didn't even make the podium) but we all had a blast. Afterwards there was also a huge barbecue for all of the staff. 

I had a hair appointment on Saturday morning to touch up my highlights. My regular hair dresser (whom I have been seeing exclusively for the pst 5 years) was running late so someone else was assigned to take over my appointment. I was so nervous because I had never met this person before and had no idea what I would end up with! But I kept saying to myself that if the salon trusts her enough to hire her, then I should too. And she was also left very specific instructions by my regular stylist which made me feel better. I am very pleased with the result and definitely worried over nothing. 


The Poland/Switzerland soccer game was also on on Saturday morning so I had to basically watch the entire thing on my phone while sitting in the salon chair. When Poland scored their first goal, I literally jumped and screamed and terrified my stylist! Poor lady said I almost gave her a heart attack! 


Mike sent me the best selfie he has ever taken:


I have turned him into a fan! The game was tied and Poland ended up willing in penalty shootouts. It was the most nerve-wracking game! They play Portugal this Thursday. Fingers crossed, friends! 

Mike had a couple softball games this past weekend and we got to watch the prettiest sunset during one of them. My iPhone definitely didn't capture how pretty it was but it was so gorgeous! 


On Sunday night we went over to Mike's cousin's house for dinner. I have loved on their gorgeous backyard on the blog before and it just keeps getting better. They built a wood-burning pizza oven outside and we were able to test it out with some home made pizzas. They really put their all into everything that they do and these pizzas did not disappoint. I would argue that they were better than most local pizza restaurants! 

And with that, it's already Tuesday. I hope you had a good weekend as well!

____________________________

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 


15 comments:

  1. Fun weekend! I would have been a nervous wreck if someone else had to do my hair! Thankfully, yours looks fantastic and the new girl did great!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks amazing! It's always scary having someone new do your hair so I don't blame you for being hesitant. And that sunset during your hubby's game is gorgeous! Glad you had a good weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks amazing! i'm always weary when a new person subs in but then again, my salon hires amazing people so i worry for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend is Polish and was just as excited when they won the game!! Your hair came out great!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair came out fabulous, perfect for summer! And yay for more softball and converting Mike into Team Poland! Looks like an amazing summer weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I would have been scared too if I showed up at the salon & learned that I wouldn't be having my normal gal. I put so much trust in her that I could not do that with someone else. You are brave. However, it looks great, she did a nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The struggle is real! When I watch something on our TV and then watch it on my phone even though it's a big phone I still am just sitting there squinting at it.

    Glad that you have a good hairstylist just in case your regular one is out of town! That's always a relief.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer just goes by so fast. That is a great selfie! He needs to give my husband lessons, lol. Also why is it that cell phones never capture sunsets the way they really look. I always find myself sprinting for my DSLR before anything changes. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a busy weekend! I love that Mike has adopted your team, and so exciting that they won! Also, your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks fabulous! You are so supportive of your man, when he plays softball that is my cue to be on the couch with Gilmore Girls and a glass of wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I would be so nervous to have a different stylist, too. It turned out great, though. Love Mike's fan selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you hair turned out. Whew!! My stylistis going on leave, and I'm nervous! I'm so particular, lol. How fun was the pursuit game at work?? That sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want a pizza oven in my backyard! I don't think that I'd ever order takeout again! It sounds like you had the best weekend with lots of planning and getting stuff done! So glad that everything turned out well with your stylist being gone! That would make me nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you work at a fun office! You hair looks gorg, lady.

    ReplyDelete