Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer Beauty Staples (Guest Post)

Happy Wednesday! I have a very special treat lined up for today!

Everyone, meet the gorgeous Carly. She blogs over at Carly Blogs Here (I love her blog's name!) and she's pretty awesome. I have recruited her to say a few words because I'm on vacation and I didn't want to completely jump ship.

She is my go-to for whenever I need a good book recommendation. Seriously. I think she's read pretty much every book out there! And on top of that, she has great beauty tips!

So without further ado..!
_______________________________________________________________________

Hi Fortunate House readers! I'm Carly and was so excited when Evelina reached out to me to guest post while she's traveling. I love talking about my favorite beauty products, and summer is one of my favorite seasons so today I'm sharing my summer beauty staples.


For many of us the summer months mean hot and humid weather which can cause havoc on our skin and makeup. While my foundation stays the same all year, I do like to use a tinted moisturizer in the summer for lighter coverage. The Nars Tinted Moisturizer is the perfect balance of just enough coverage with a great finish, plus it has SPF 30!

Once the summer months roll along I can't wait to pull out my Nars Blush in madly. It's described as a tan pink with a hint of shimmer and almost gives a bronzing effect. My go-to summer highlight is the Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo in golden. I sometimes swirl the bronzer and highlighter together- or just stick to the highlight. It's a very gold highlight, but goes on extremely smooth and gives you a nice glow without looking glittery- if you prefer more cool tones there is a pink shade as well.

Year round I like to use the Urban Decay Setting Sprays, but they are definitely something I don't skip over when applying a full-face of makeup in the summer.

Beach Walk is the perfect summer fragrance-- and as the name suggest it smells perfectly beauty!

While it's impossible to pick one favorite nail color, this summer I've been loving Aloha From OPI from the Hawaii collection. It's described as a creamy coral, but somehow looks red, orange, and pink all at once.

What are some of your summer beauty staples? Do you use the same products year round or switch it up with the seasons?

Another huge thank you to Evelina for allowing me to guest post for her today! Find more of my beauty favorites (and a lot of book chat) at Carly Blogs Here or on Twitter or Pinterest.

8 comments:

  1. i LOVE NARS products!! i haven't seen or tried that blush but I do love their Laguna bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Nars blush is so beautiful! I also can't pass up a coral color nail polish! If you haven't tried out Cajun Shrimp, you totally should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to try that blush and setting spray! I usually go for a pink blush, but the tan with shimmer sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have GOT to start remembering to use my UD setting spray! I always forget :( That blush sounds perfect...I may have to pick some up. And I've been wanting to try a new tinted moisturizer so I might just have to try the NARS one. Thanks for the tips, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check out Beach Walk, I need a new perfume I have used all mine up except for samples! And the UD setting spray is for sure one of my staples as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The NARS tinted moisturizer is my go to year round! I love it! I always forget to use my setting spray but it's great for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great options! I need to check out Beach Walk! Love Carly's blog too! Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous products to have. A really reliable brand. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete