Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer Chick Pea Salad (Guest Post)

Hello hello! I am having the best time hanging out in Poland with my family and friends. Mike and I are exploring lots and I can't wait to share with you all about our trip when I get back. 

In the meantime, Emily from A Little Bit Of Emily here to share a delicious recipe. I can't wait to make this when I'm back home! It looks SO good and perfect for summer!



You can follow Emily on Instagram at: emilyanndunham

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey all!  I am beyond excited that Evelina asked me to do a guest post!  She was kind enough to give me a few post suggestions and when I saw a favorite recipe was one of them, I knew just what to do!  


Today I will be sharing one of my very favorite summer recipes - chickpea salad.  




I discovered this salad a few years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since.  It is one of my go-to lunches to take to work in the summer.  I like to eat it with some pita bread for a light lunch, and I also think it would be a great side for a cook out, or just for dinner with a piece of grilled meat.  




Chickpea Summer Salad

Salad:

2 cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed
1 large cucumber, chopped
1 small container grape tomatoes, halved
1 bunch of basil, chopped
feta cheese, crumbled

Dressing:

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl, mixing together.  In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake well.  Pour over salad just before serving.  Enjoy!



I think the key to this salad is the basil.  One time I forgot to pick up basil from the store, and instead of running out, I just made do without.  Definitely was not as good!


If you plan on splitting up the salad for lunches or dinners, I suggest leaving it undressed until you are ready to eat it.  Refrigerate the salad, but store the dressing at room temperature.  

Evelina, I hope you are having the best time on vacation!  Thanks again for having me! 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me! So glad you are having such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, this is the EXACT salad that I eat for lunch almost every single day at work!! I've never put cucumber on mine, though, so I need to try that! I never get tired of it! It's soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad looks amazing. I eat salad almost everyday for lunch so this is a nice change up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks so delicious! I'm a huge fan of Greek food, and I love that those flavors are in this salad!

    ReplyDelete