Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fourth Anniversary Photo

Every year, Mike and I take a photo of ourselves on our anniversary. Of course, the idea was totally stolen from Pinterest. I thought it was a cute little tradition and a good way to look back over the years. We put the photo up on the wall which we endearingly call the "anniversary wall" and always comment on how we have changed from year to year. ICYMI, here's last year's pic!


The wall is definitely getting pretty crowded so I think next year we might have to change it up. Maybe smaller photos? Maybe a new wall? Maybe a new house? Just kidding. Not really.


The first one is one of my favourite wedding photos and the rest are from our anniversaries. Since we prefer to travel instead of exchanging gifts every year, each photo is taken in a different city. Year one was Niagara Falls, two was in Cleveland, and three was in Cincinnati. This year, we went to Toronto for a nice lake-front dinner and a romantic sunset walk. (I recapped the day in this post.) Right before heading out on the town, we took a couple selfies to commemorate the occasion. And here was the winning shot!


Look! We switched sides this year! And not even on purpose lol.

I love hearing other people's anniversary traditions! What are yours?

9 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea, and I love that you take the picture at the different places you visit! Happy Annuversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute tradition! Your wedding wall is getting a little crowded for sure... but that's a good thing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I may have to steal it, I think.

    You guys are just too dang cute, do you know that?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and how the photos look on the wall like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tradition! I wish I would've thought of this. Great display and beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! So sweet! And that wall is beautiful. I love the white frames.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea. You look gorgeous in your picture this year - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do the same thing! What I did was hang 10 frames on our wall. Right now 5 are filled with our anniversary photos and the other 5 from our wedding that will be replaced each year. Speaking off... I need to get our 6th anniversary photo developed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun tradition! I say start a new wall, and keep it going. You'll love looking back down the road <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete