Wednesday, September 28, 2016

9 Years Later

Yesterday was September 27th. Nine years ago, Mike asked me to be his girlfriend and our lives were changed forever.

We like to celebrate this day because it's always fun to look back on how much times have changed over the years. Mike surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of red roses and the sweetest card.



Every year we go back to visit the place where we first met and fell in love. McMaster University holds such a warm place in our hearts. We usually just go to dinner and walk around the campus but this year we happened to catch trivia night too. Mike is a huge bar trivia fan and we ended up placing third! Not bad since we were a team of two and everyone else had at least triple the amount of players! Our team name is Michelina, aka our celeb couple name. #obvi






After dinner, we walked around campus and chatted about what it was like back when we were students. Even though we go every year, so much has changed since we were there last! It was pretty dark by the time we got out so the pictures don't do it justice but the campus is so beautiful in the fall!





After we came home, we winded down with the new episode of This Is Us and foot massages. I think it was a pretty perfect day!


17 comments:

  1. Awww...I love this. What a special evening celebrating. We always talk about when we started dating too. It was 13 years ago this year. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww how cute!! such a great way to celebrate! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! That food looks good. What is on the nachos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I love that y'all go back to "the scene of the crime" for your dating anniversary! I think that it's a great way to remember the beginning of your relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Andrew and I celebrate our 10 year "dating" in the spring! It's so crazy how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok seriously, you guys are the most romantic couple I've ever known. Mike is so cute for getting your flowers and you guys celebrating! I know Seth and I started dating in April 2008 at an Angels game (go figure lol) but I don't remember the date. I'm so bad! I love that you guys celebrate this special date still even after you're married :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awhhhh you guys are seriously SO cute and obviously sooooooo much in love after 9 years still! I love your celeb name- Michelina. So cool :) haha Here's so MANY more years of celebrating your datingversiary? That's what I'm calling it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest thing ever! I love that you guys celebrate your dating anniversary. Luke & I have been together 12 years this past May & married for 7 earlier this month. It's crazy how fast time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun that you guys go back to your alma mater, and loving those pretty flowers! Happy Anniversary <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary. I love that idea. Very pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 9 years you two love birds! So sweet. We celebrate our ‘dating’ anniversary too. It’s the day Nathan officially asked me to be his girlfriend. We were in high school and back then you ‘talked’ for a while before you started dating. So funny! Anyhow, November will be 20 years for us. I love that you guys go back to where you first met. That’s so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw such a sweet post! Happy 9 years! My husband and I still celebrate the day we started dating. It's such a nice memory to reflect on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy nine years! Our nine years was on September 20-so funny that they are so close together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 9 years! I love the tradition you guys have every year & the roses were sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That campus is so idyllic! Love your celeb name, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary! My grandma was born on 9/27, so it's clearly a great day ;)
    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete