Friday, September 9, 2016

Books N Bloggers - Swap Reveal

It's swap reveal time!! 

If you remember last week I talked about a blogger swap that I joined called Books N Bloggers. It is hosted by Chaotic Goddess Swaps and I got paired up with the lovely Holly in Australia.


The idea is to exchange three books -- a book you love, a book you recommend, and a book on your partner's wishlist. I sent Holly:
1. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - I read it a few years ago and it definitely changed my perspective on things. It helped me be more positive and has many great tips and lessons. I think everyone should read this book!
2. The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill - The second I saw this on Holly's wishlist I KNEW I had to gift it to her! It is heavily set in Canada, the author lives in the same city as I do, and my friend met and interviewed him. I read this one before I knew of the local connection and found it so heartwrenching. The story pulled me right in and I was very inspired by the main character. 
3. Room by Emma Donoghue - Room is one of my all-time favourite books despite how eerie and disturbing the story line is. I loved that it's written from the perspective of a child. It was recently turned into an award-winning movie but I have yet to see it because I don't want it to ruin how much I love the book. Check out my review of the book here!

And now for the books that Holly sent me!! 
1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler - Amy Poehler is one of my favourite actresses! I think she's so funny and as soon as I saw that she wrote a book I knew I wanted to read it. It has received great reviews and everyone I know that has read it said it's amazing! 
2. The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer - Another hilarious comedienne. No one I know has read this one yet but it's supposed to be so hilarious! She's so blunt and uncensored and always has me laughing. I loved Lena Dunham's book and I think this one might be similarly good. 
3. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - This one was recommended to me by Holly and I already know that I'm going to love it! My mom owned a flower shop for the majority of my childhood so I have a very deep connection to flowers. 


Thank you so much Holly for sending me these books and I definitely can't wait to start reading them! I'll try to post reviews as I go for anyone else that's interested. 

Definitely check out Holly's blog and what everyone else received in their swap! 

Have you read any of these books? I would love to hear your thoughts!

11 comments:

  1. Such a fun swap! Amy Poehler and Amy Schumer continue to win at life! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried reading Book of Negros but it was too heavy for me at the time but i might pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sent but also received so many great books! I've heard nothing but great reviews about both Amy's books so I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to let me know how the books by the Amys are. They are both on my "wish list". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Language of Flowers is SO GOOD! The author is actually a local here :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I am really curious about Language of Flowers. I heard it was great!

    Kelli xx
    Lovely in Gold

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun thing to do! I read Room a few years ago and holy cow, what a book. I'll have to try some of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the books you got!!! Though I don't read much, I would definitely have Amy Poehler and Amy Schumer's books on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Evelina! It was an absolute pleasure to swap books with you - thank you so much! I hope you love the books I sent - I can't wait to read the reviews! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this swap idea and the books you picked out and the ones that you got. I'm sure it's so fun to know you're getting one you want, plus still having a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun exchange! I love books...just wish I had more time to read. These days it's all about Magic Tree House and Junie B Jones for me! ha.

    ReplyDelete