Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labour Day Weekending

Ah labour day. It marks the end of summer, the start of fall, and back to regular life. My shorter summer hours are done at work and Mike is heading back to work today after two months off. But we went out with a bang!

College football started this weekend and we spent all of Saturday preparing for the first UNC game of the year. My mom and brother came over this weekend so we made some delicious game day food and fun arts & crafts. I love getting festive so we decorated the living room with some quick pendant banners and printouts. Too much? 




Unfortunately the Tar Heels didn't pull out a win this time but we still had a great time cheering them on! Mike and I are planning a trip to see a game later this year and it'll be our first ever UNC home game. I can't wait!


During downtime, we put together a quick not-so-quick puzzle. Who had the brilliant idea to create black and white puzzles?? #allthepieceslookthesame #givemepatience


And of course, pumpkin spice was consumed because, September. I plan on busting out my fall decor this week to really get in the spirit. Even if it's 30 degrees (°C) outside. I already picked up a couple mums at Costco (they have the best ones!) and I got this doormat this weekend.


On Sunday, we loaded everyone in the car and took a little road trip to Pittsburgh. It was my mom and brother's first time there and we all had a great time -- More details coming on that later this week.

Also of note, prior to the weekend we went to see Kanye perform in Toronto and, as always, it was a fantastic show! I know people have very polarizing opinions on him but we love his music and concerts. I think he's the one artist we would go see every time he performs nearby.



I hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

____________________________

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! We also did a lot of football watching! Love the decorations you made; they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the b/w puzzle seems really hard - great job getting it done!! Yay for college football being back, your decor is spot on for it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i had no idea kanye was in town! glad you liked the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! We were at the Georgia vs. UNC game and it was SUCH A NAIL BITER!! Girl, I think I had like ten heart attacks. It was a VERY exciting game! I'll have the recap up Thursday... I was too tired to go through all of the pics this weekend to get the post up today. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you decorated for college football! Such a fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your UNC decorations. So much fun!

    I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year on Sunday & it was SO delicious! I missed it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your decorations for your watch party! Even though your team lost, at least they lost in style! The Kanye west concert looked like so much fun! I might not like him as a person, but there's no denying how great of an artist he is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was totally pulling for your Tar Heels and was so sad when they lost. I need that pumpkin frap! And, Kanye? I would love to see him!! He is definitely a fantastic artist. So glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had such a good, long weekend!! I think I commented on snapchat, but I seriously love the way you decorated for the football game! So fun and festive! And SO exciting that you are going to your first home game! That will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm slightly tempted to try a PSL this year-- I don't typically like pumpkin flavored things, but up until this year I thought I didn't like carrot cake, so I'm tempted! haha. Love all of your UNC decor-- I'm all about the fun decor.

    ReplyDelete