Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Weekending

Happy Tuesday friends!

I'm going to start with a little update. Mike's cousin is a real estate agent and has a listing for a house that was right up our alley. We're not in any serious rush to move but it checked so many boxes on our must-have list so last night we went to go take a look. Unfortunately, we ended up not being crazy about the layout and that's not something you can really change so we passed on it but this house was on my mind white a bit before then! We both thought there was a pretty good possibility that we might buy it but we're relieved that it wasn't meant to be. I definitely don't feel ready to move in three months, nor is our house ready to be listed! So that's a nice weight off my shoulders.

In the meantime, I started a little fall decorating in our home. I know that technically fall hasn't officially started and it still feels like summer most days but I couldn't resist any longer. Since the PSLs and pumpkin-scented candles are out, it was time. I love my plastic pumpkins from Michaels because I can have them out super long without worrying that they will spoil.


I spent most of our weekend watching Mike play softball. His team had playoffs this weekend and they advanced pretty far. Which means that he had a bunch of games -- 4 in 3 days to be exact. And he killed it at the plate!




I'm going to miss spending Sunday mornings at the ballpark, mainly because I got to see my brother and mom at all the games. They live really close to where Mike plays so it's so easy for them to come out.


Other than that, Mike had a buddy over to watch football on Sunday and I got some serious housework done. The threat of having to potentially list our house soon really motivated me to knock some long-delayed chores off the list!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



____________________________

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

14 comments:

  1. I've got to really work on decorating my porch! Last year I did mums with pumpkins and hay bales but didn't realize that the sunlight my porch received wasn't conducive to keeping mums alive haha! I love yours and the idea of using plastic pumpkins!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a plastic Jack-o-Lantern that I use every year. I like how your porch looks! Halloween is my favorite holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL i always have that secret "oh, i really hope I don't like it!" feeling whenever we see a house that looks great on the outside/on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front porch is so cute! It may not feel like fall yet but I'm with you on the ready to decorate part... bring out all the pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and decorating for fall! I couldn’t resist, either. Here in Texas it doesn’t start cooling off until late October usually. There is no way I am waiting that long! I need to invest in some plastic pumpkins like yours. And then just buy real pumpkins for Mason to decorate and carve. Good job on the softball, Mike! Don’t you just love watching him play? Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to put my Fall decorations up this past weekend but didn't get around to it. Maybe THIS weekend I'll be able to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My porch is the only thing I haven't decorated... I'm waiting until we go to the pumpkin patch to get one to carve. I also need to get some mums, but they're not out yet. Hopefully should be any day now! Now we just need the weather to cooperate. Your porch looks beautiful, though! I need to get some fake pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have already decorated for fall, too! Just cannot resist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your entry way! I couldn't wait any longer for decorating either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your entry way - so festive...I haven't done any fall decorating - probably because I'm still trying to just decorate since the move LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your entry way looks great! I'm looking forward to fall decorating but usually wait until mid September. I know, I'm weird, but just something I like to hold out on for a few more weeks. Viewing houses can be fun and nerve wrecking at the same time. When it's meant to be it will be. That's great you have someone in the family in real estate. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your entry way!!! I wish mine was as put together as yours, mine is such a hot mess right now! I'm waiting to decorate after we clean up the porch.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your curb appeal is fall perfection! Sorry you didn't like the layout of the house you looked at, but the right one is out there for you guys <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so fun you guys were able to meet up for Mike's softball games! It sounds like he had a great season. Love your porch decor for fall.

    ReplyDelete