Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fallified Mantels

It's no secret that I love decorating or the season. Valentine's Day? Hearts everywhere. Christmas? We love gold accents. Spring? Raffia and pastels.  So now that fall is officially here, I brought out the autumn-themed decorations to display.

We have a corner fireplace with a pretty large mantel that I change up depending on the time of the year. Usually there are some fixed pieces like the big mirror in the middle and a plant that always stays up but the rest gets a big switcheroo.

This year I haven't had a chance to invest too much time into a mantel overhaul. In an effort to gain some inspiration for something new, I went online to see what other people were doing. I specifically looked for autumn themed and not Halloween themed. And clearly I am gravitating to light, bright, and airy. Which works perfectly because that's basically the theme of our house. Some were SO good that I had to share them with you guys!







I think I just discovered that I love white pumpkins and eucalyptus leaves. I guess my shopping list is quite short!

Are any of these making your heart smile? Do you prefer darker and bolder colours? Do you skip fall decorating and go only for Halloween? Tell me!
SaveSaveSaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I love all of these because they aren't the traditional fall colors! I decorate for fall and not Halloween so I can keep it up until I pull out the Christmas decorations.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol your last comment about eucalyptus leaves and pumpkins made me smile. The white pumpkins are so magical. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love them all! We have no mantle. womp. womp. The guy that built our house was allergic to smoke or ash or something like that and didn't build one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all pretty cool but I think that my favorite is the third one down. Plus, the white & gold pumpkins are totally you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your choices for mantel decorations! I feel like I'm not being basic enough because I still haven't decorated, but hopefully that happens this weekend! I love all the leaves and pumpkins, so I think that I lean more towards fall, but I still like to throw some spooky decorations in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm LOVING the bright white!!! And I love the white pumpkins as well. I picked up a bunch at the store the other day when they finally put them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos make me want to paint everything in my entire house bright white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great inspiration pics! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is why I want a mantel next house we buy!!! I love all of these mantels. I wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so pretty! White pumpkins are my new favorite thing this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh obsessed with all of these and so wishing we had a mantel to decorate! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete