Thursday, October 27, 2016

Guys Behind The Blog - October

Happy Guys Behind The Blog Day!!!

I am so excited because today is the FIRST official episode of the Guys Behind The Blog link up since we brought it back to life. I used to participate in the Guys Behind The Blog link up on a regular basis. It's where I interview Mike with 5 questions and post his answers. I always loved hearing what he had to say. And now you can join in on the fun too!

The link up was originally hosted by Betsy at Heavens to Betsy and Laura at According to Laura JeanThey decided to discontinue to series so  Crystal from Hall Around TexasElizabeth from Chasin MasonJamie from Cocktails and CarseatsJessica from Secrets of a Stay at Home Mom and I thought it would be fun to take it over. 


We posted the questions last month and in this episode we are talking all about Halloween! Here's what Mike had to say:

Q. What was your most favorite Halloween costume and why?
A:  I honestly can't even remember most of my costumes. I stopped trick-or-treating in 7th grade and I stopped caring a good while before that. I'd say my favourite was a Pittsburgh Steelers costume when I was probably 6 years old. We got it at a Toys R Us in Pennsylvania on one of our trips. I had a mini helmet and and the yellow pants and everything. 

Q: Haunted Houses – love them or hate them?
A:  I am not a fan of haunted houses. I don't find them scary or even the idea of them fun. I just can't get excited for manufactured fright. 

Q: What is your favorite scary movie of all time?
A: I'm going to switch it up here and name a scary TV show - Unsolved Mysteries. That theme song with Robert Stack's voice narrating still terrifies me. I can remember watching it when I was a kid and it scared the living daylights out of me. Why I voluntarily subjected myself to that I'll never know. 

Q: If you had to attend a mandatory dress up Halloween party this year what would you go as?
A: If I had to go to a mandatory costume party (which I wouldn't because I hate costume parties - yeah, I know I'm no fun), I'd want us to go as Kanye and Kim. It'd be easy for me to throw on a Kanye shirt, some ripped joggers or jeans and a pair of Yeezys. I'm all about easy when it comes to Halloween. 

Q: Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
A: Absolutely not. I definitely don't believe in the idea of ghosts haunting places. I have no idea what happens to our energy once our time here is done, but I just don't see there being ghosts. 

Oh how I wish I was able to get my hands on a photo of little Mike in a Halloween costume!! I even struggled to find any of us together from the more recent years. Womp. The only time we ever did a couple costume was when we dressed up as Piper and Larry from Orange Is The New Black. 

Did you ever do a couple costume? I want all the details!

This month's link up will stay open until November 3rd. We'd love it if you joined in on the fun! Scroll down below and add your link. And make sure to include the GBTB button from above!!

____________________________

Next month's link up will be a week early because of American Thanksgiving. So join us on November 17th with the following questions for your guy:

1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? What is your least favourite?

2. What is a Thanksgiving tradition you liked growing up that you want to continue with your family? For example: Do you eat super early around 3pm or regular dinner time around 6pm? Do you watch football? Do you all go to a particular family member's house? Do you nap after the big meal?

3. What are your thoughts on Black Friday shopping? Yay or nay?

4. If you had it your way, would you set up your holiday decorations (Christmas tree, Hanukkah menorah, etc.) before or after Thanksgiving?

5. What are you most thankful for this year?

____________________________

   
   

Read more of Mike's thoughts hereherehereherehereherehere, and hereYou can find the original series on Betsy's blog Heavens to Betsy and Laura's blog According to Laura Jean

11 comments:

  1. His answers are the best. He's so details and matter of fact. Made me laugh. I think our hubbies would get along very well. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he gives you detailed answers and is so matter of fact! You are guys are perfect to be hosting this linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you do these posts! His answers are similar to how my own would be, because I'm not really big into halloween or dressing up either, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha unsolved mysteries! i used to watch that as a kid even though it terrified me to the core.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun that y'all brought this back to life! I totally blanked and forgot to ask hubby this time around, but I'll put a reminder for myself for next time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unsolved Mysteries was scary! He's totally right! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure that I was terrified of Unsolved Mysteries as a kid too! And I totally understand him for wanting to make costumes easy! Sometimes you just don't want to put in the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im with Mike- that theme song still creeps me out to this day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever heard you talk about professional football before. Is Mike a Steelers fan?? Because Seth LOVES the Steelers! His family is from Pennsylvania and he's been a Steelers fan through and through (even when they suck). We watch every week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems a lot of our guys don't like haunted houses :) I like his costume idea for Kanye and Kim, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that most of the guys favorite costumes were sports related. Such a guy thing! Ha. And the answers to #2 are unanimous! Now I totally want to see you two as Kanye and Kim. I am trying to picture that in my head.

    ReplyDelete