Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thanksgiving Celebrations

Thanksgiving was in full swing at our house this past weekend. It was delayed by a week because we were travelling on actual Thanksgiving but I definitely didn't want to miss it! So this weekend we did the whole turkey thing with my family and Mike's family. I don't usually get to host holiday dinner because we only have a table that seats four but if we squish, we can make six work. It is my dream to one day have a huge dining room that can seat a ton of people for the holidays! Because this was a delayed celebration, we only had my mom and brother, Mike's parents, and us.


My mom and I made several dishes, but among them was Polish apple pie. It's probably my all-time favourite dessert. I posted the recipe last year when we made it and it turns out delicious every time! 


My mom and brother came over for the whole weekend. The weather was nice and we had fun for three whole days. A little bit of Monopoly (I won!) and video games (I lost) and we were happy campers. 



Other than that, we watched football, Skyped with my family in Poland, and just relaxed and enjoyed each others' company. I love how low-key ands tress-free Thanksgiving is. I think that's why it's one of my favourite holidays!

______________________________

PS - Don't miss our first Guys Behind The Blog link up next week!!! Click here to find out what this month's questions are (they are quick and easy and we promise your guy won't complain!) and how to link up!


8 comments:

  1. The front porch looks amazing. So simple and pretty. Sounds like a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your front porch!!! And Thanksgiving sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you guys celebrated it, even if it was late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what these ladies said! Your front porch is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had such a great Thanksgiving! I've hosted Christmas the past few years and it's so much fun, but it can be a little stressful. I'm glad that y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! I'm super jealous of your Monopoly game- I can never convince anyone else to play it! Going to check out the apple pie recipe next :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monopoly is one of my favorite board games - we always would play it with my dad's side of the family over Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your porch! Glad it was a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete