Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016


Happy Halloween!!

I usually take my brother out trick-or-treating but he has decided that this year he is too old to go trick-or-treating. He's only twelve and I think that's too early to stop but to be honest his heart wasn't really in it for the past few years. He was never really big on it anyway. He'd go to 8-10 houses and say he had enough and want to go home. I would always encourage him to go get more! I have to be honest and say that I'm sad he chose not to go. I have taken him ever since he was a baby and it's one of my favourite traditions. 

So this year Mike and I gave out candy at our house. While I loved going out with Philip, I always felt bad that no one was there to give out candy at our house. We got around 30 kids throughout the night. I had plans to dress up and decorate the house more than the few plastic pumpkins that we have out there but I felt kind of under the weather last night. But there were lots of great costumes! Despite  the weather being just above freezing, the kids dressed up and seemed to really enjoy themselves. 

In the world of celebrity costumes, it seems like everyone went all out! Some of my favourite were Katy Perry as Hillary Clinton, Kylie Jenner as Christina Aguilera, and of course, all of little Luna's costumes! 


How was your Halloween? What did you dress up as? Did you go to any Halloween parties over the weekend? Did your office dress up yesterday? Leave a link to your Halloween blog post below if you wrote about it!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good night. Bummer your brother didn't want to do it anymore, but enjoying a quiet night in sounds great too. We trick or treated in our neighborhood and then came back to the house to help Drew pass out candy. It was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder when my girls will stop trick or treating I think I stopped around 12 or 13. It's a sad day when they move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I went trick or treating even into high school. Maybe you can start a new tradition with your brother if he doesn't want to go anymore :) And yess loved all of Luna's costumes- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my little Luna looks so cute in all of those costumes!! Since I had work, we dressed up as nerds, but took that off when I got home. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay at home and pass out candy like I'd hope we could, but we were "those people" who put the bucket of candy outside...unattended LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be so sad when our babies don't want to trick-or-treat anymore!! I don't even want to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't dress up this year either, but we still had a blast handing out candy to all the little trick or treaters! They're always so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love those gold pumpkins!! Sorry you were feeling under the weather on Halloween. I hope you’re feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, could she be any cuter?! The hotdog?! Love.

    ReplyDelete