Thursday, December 15, 2016

Mike's 30th

Mike recently turned 30!! We will be going on a little vacation to his favourite place in the world soon to celebrate but in the meantime, we partied it up locally. Not really. We aren't big on going out at all. A night out at a club might be Mike's idea of hell. Instead we did a nice calm evening with Mike's family and take out. And then the next night we had a few close friends over at our house.





I met Mike when he was 20 so it has officially been a decade that we have known each other. I remember it like it was yesterday. Every birthday is special but this one is extra special for him! We usually don't really do much to celebrate birthdays but I wasn't about to let him pretend like this one wasn't a big deal. The trip we are taking is to see a UNC basketball game plus a few other fun things mixed in.

Wishing you a the best year, my love! Here's to many, many more!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mike! His party sounds like my idea of the perfect celebration, plus having a trip to look forward to is always the best gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun celebration! I love the cake you had for him and I know he is thrilled about his upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mike! I totally feel you on wanting to be a little more relaxed for birthdays, and your celebration sounds perfect! Even better that you're going on a trip for a basketball game soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Mike! I love the UNC themed birthday cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday Mike!!! I was going to guess that's where you were going. I mean, you said his favorite place in the world :) Sounds like you guys had a great day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) birthday to Mike! Love how you did Tarheels colors for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete