Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekending - The First of Fall!

Happy first weekend of fall y'all! It legitimately felt like fall in my neck of the woods so I got to put on a scarf and a sweater while drinking a PSL and taking snaps of mums. #asbasicasitgets Except I didn't save the snap. Oh well.

This weekend my mom and brother came over and we had three fun days together. We spent some time playing Uno, playing Pokemon Go, and baking cookies.


I also put together a little worksheet for Philip to colour in a map of the states. I printed out a blank map of the United States so that Philip could colour in the states whose license plates we saw on our road trip to Pittsburgh. If you didn't catch that post, we went a few weeks ago as a family and had such a great time! We saw 39 different plates and I thought this would be a good way for him to learn where each state was geographically and what its corresponding abbreviation was. He also picked a team's colours for each state!


Philip is in such a fun season of life and I love spending time with him. He's so curious and cheerful and the best brother I could ask for.



We all watched the UNC football game and it was the craziest game I have ever seen! They were down all game and then came back to win the last two seconds. It was seriously incredible!!

On Sunday, we spent some time out in the backyard doing yard work. Now that summer has wrapped up, it was mostly cleanup but it's so much more enjoyable when my mom is there to help me out!

Afterwards we took a well deserved trip to Winners for a little shopping while the boys watched football. I got a cute poncho that I can't wait to wear when it really cools down! It's not Burberry but has a similar pattern. Lenny approves.


Mike is SUPER excited because he managed to get a pair of Yeezys when they released Saturday morning. Yeezys are huge in the sneaker world and very highly sought after. Like, people camp out for them for a week prior. He entered in countless raffles and lotteries to no avail. He heard a tip that this website would be randomly releasing them in the middle of the night so he woke up suuuuper early to get them. It let him successfully check out but when he went back in a couple seconds later, they were all gone. Insane. #happyhubby


This week we will be celebrating our dating anniversary (9 years!), going across the border to pick up a couple items to our mailbox, and Mike is participating in a big trivia night for charity!

I hope you have a great week ahead!

____________________________

Linking up with Biana at B Loved Boston for her Weekending series! 

12 comments:

  1. I love the poncho you got! Glad you got to spend more quality time with your mom and bother--you can never do that enough! Happy Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poncho too and I am so out of touch, never even heard of Yeezys, lol. I can totally imagine how excited he must have been though. Have fun celebrating this week. That is really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how close you are with your brother - that quality time is amazing!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that poncho!! that pattern is classic; you're going to look so great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poncho is so cute! What a great find. It sounds like you had a fun weekend and yay for time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the poncho you picked out and yay for it being cool enough to wear it soon :) All of your snaps with your brother were so cute, it sounds like you had a fun time on your way to PA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, that poncho!! So gorgeous. I just got a scarf of that same pattern and I'm in love. I just wish it would get chilly so I could wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had the perfect weekend with your mom and brother! I love that you printed out a map of the US for him to see how many different license plates y'all saw! And yes for crazy football games this weekend, and even better when they end in a win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. INSANELY jealous that you got to wear a scarf and a sweater and you didn't sweat to death. It was 102 here today. Mother Nature needs to get it together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That poncho is going to be so cute! I love that you did a map for your brother - just the sweetest sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two are adorable! What a fun road trip. I love the license plate idea. I need to do that with Mason sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uno! I love Uno...any form - regular, Attack, Roboto - all so much fun. You really do have some great times with your lil bro, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete