Friday, October 14, 2016

Five on Friday

1. This weekend we are celebrating (Canadian) Thanksgiving! It was technically last weekend, but since we took advantage of the long weekend to travel, we have to postpone it. We're going to have my mom and brother and Mike's parents over for dinner this Saturday. Here's a little recap of last year's Thanksgiving (and my first ever turkey!)


2. If you haven't already guessed, we went to North Carolina this past weekend. If you've been around this blog for a while, you know that Mike is a huge UNC Tar Heels fan so we road tripped to see a football game. It was our first home game and Hurricane Matthew came to hang out too so that was fun. We actually had a great time! More on that later.


3. We ordered a Magic Bullet. Mike and I love smoothies and we go to Booster Juice a few times a week which can get pretty expensive! We figured that we could find the recipes online and make the smoothies ourselves. I feel like we are the last people on earth to get a mini blender but my mom raves about it and it's time. I can't wait to try it!

4. I am still working my way through reading my blogger book swap books. I have finished reading Amy Schemer's book and now I'm in the middle of the Language of Flowers, which was my partner's pick for me. I. Love. This. Book. It's about a young girl that grew up in the group home system and has a love for flower meanings but a hatred for everything else. My mom owned a flower shop for many years so I was always around flowers. It's so good!


5. ICYMI, I am cohosting the Guys Behind The Blog linkup! After the series was cancelled by the original hosts, a few other bloggers and I got together to bring it back to life. I really hope you and your guy will join us on the last Thursday of every month. This month's answers will go live in two weeks, on Thursday, October 27th. Click here to see October's questions and grab the button below!

 Have a wonderful weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Yay for celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. Can't wait to read all about it. :) It was pretty crazy here in NC last weekend, so I'm sure your trip was full of excitement. Glad you were safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a Thanksgiving celebration! And I can't believe you were at the UNC game...I saw clips of it being shown on TV and the fans in the stands getting soaked! I hate going to rainy games haha! Happy weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all survived the hurricane while you were visiting and you still had fun! Enjoy your Thankdgiving celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after years of negotiating, i finally caved and agreed to get the Vitamix. although the price is stupid, it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo for celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend! Hope y'all have the best time! :) Glad y'all survived the hurricane, I bet it was scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Magic Bullet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend girl! I love my magic bullet, makes drinking juices and smoothies so easy! How fun that you got to go visit NC, but bummer about the hurricane being there at the same time! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have a mini blender, but we should get one. I hope you have a fun late Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear all about your first home football game! I love hearing all about traditions of other schools for football! And you're going to love your Magic Bullet! We use ours all the time, even for silly stuff like making scrambled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for the link-up! So excited.

    ReplyDelete